Following through in bowling and in other sports, and recreational events is an essential thing to remember but is one of the easiest things to forget to do.
The follow through in the game of bowling along with a free arm swing, knee bend with footwork timing and extension, with a combination of visualization, eye, hand, and arm and wrist release can greatly increase your scoring potential.
This can give you the benefit of better accuracy pin carry and confidants. The follow through is an after thought because it is at the end of your bowling delivery and approach and is easily forgot as well.
Below are few tips to help you on the follow through in the game of bowling.
Tip on the Follow Through
1. Write yourself a note put this note in your bowling bag, or use the old tie a string around your finger technique to help you remember to follow through. Like I said these are remembering techniques, many times people think they are following through and do not know that they are not and canít figure it out.
Therefore, reminderís to your self with a checklist of not only the follow through but also other basic easy to forget things could click in what you are doing wrong in your game.
2. A good stop position is what I call a hood ornament posse. Your knee bend, arm extended like a statue or a hood ornament at the end of your approach.
3. Make a few practices shot in your approach with good extension.
4. Visualize your shot and see yourself extending in your follow through.
5. Tell yourself do not forget follow through.
6. Reach for the sky and shake hands with god so to speak at the end of your approach.